Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Seat foam replacement  (Read 3878 times)

Offline MonstaMonsta

• Gimme all your cookies
  • Chapter: Midwest
  • Color: Onyx Black
  • Year: 2002
Seat foam replacement
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:35:23 am »
Hey everyone!!!  Just a quick question: Would anyone know where I could find a new seat cushion from?  I looked ebay over and was able to find the drivers side seat foam piece for like 99$ but the guy wouldnt ship outside the US and it was just the drivers side... 

My drivers side cushion is getting pretty nasty...  It needs to go.  I'm checking RockAuto out but alas, seems they don't have it ethier..  hmmm...
Borgenson Steering Shaft. Russell SS Braided Brake Lines, Russell Speed Bleeders. 20" Kahuna American Racing Rims wrapped in GoodYear Wrangler 275/60/20 - 33" tires. DBA 2000x Front Rotors. DBA 2001x Rear Rotors. Monroe Sensatrac Front Shocks.  Cats Deleted.  Rear Oxygen Sensors Spaced -> "spark plug non fouler mod" NTK Oxygen Sensors.  FlowMaster 40 Delta Flow Exhaust "won here =D" Custom Piping - FloPro ST123C1 tip. 145Amp Tuff stuff 8237 Alternator, Stinger Isolater/battery terminals, Energizer 2nd Batt.  Alcantara covered Dash 2 15" clarions in a midgate box, Level II Truetech Transmission rebuild 550HP rated

Online oHIobellboy

• Administrator
  • The Eagle has landed
  • Color: Dark Blue Metallic
  • Year: 2004
Re: Seat foam replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 09:03:39 am »
With all the Suburbans running around over there I'd think you'd be able to find one in a junk yard (if you have those) that might work.

Just don't try to snag one out of a black one with dark tinted window. :cheesy1:

Offline MonstaMonsta

• Gimme all your cookies
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:15:42 am »
With all the Suburbans running around over there I'd think you'd be able to find one in a junk yard (if you have those) that might work.

Just don't try to snag one out of a black one with dark tinted window. :cheesy1:

HAhahaha!!   There are no Junk yards in Egypt!  Its like CUba with vehicles over here.  Nothing is ever retired!

Plus its Saudi and Kuwait, Qatar, Dubai s forth and so on...  "The Gulf" states that have all those Suburbans. 

If I could only find the stupid part number...  I found it new on a couple of other parts sites but they dnt ship internationally.
Borgenson Steering Shaft. Russell SS Braided Brake Lines, Russell Speed Bleeders. 20" Kahuna American Racing Rims wrapped in GoodYear Wrangler 275/60/20 - 33" tires. DBA 2000x Front Rotors. DBA 2001x Rear Rotors. Monroe Sensatrac Front Shocks.  Cats Deleted.  Rear Oxygen Sensors Spaced -> "spark plug non fouler mod" NTK Oxygen Sensors.  FlowMaster 40 Delta Flow Exhaust "won here =D" Custom Piping - FloPro ST123C1 tip. 145Amp Tuff stuff 8237 Alternator, Stinger Isolater/battery terminals, Energizer 2nd Batt.  Alcantara covered Dash 2 15" clarions in a midgate box, Level II Truetech Transmission rebuild 550HP rated

Online oHIobellboy

• Administrator
  • The Eagle has landed
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:19:18 am »
Part number. Let me see what I can come up with.....

Online oHIobellboy

• Administrator
  • The Eagle has landed
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 09:32:18 am »
seat foam for driver's side bucket seat 12478507 $112.05, I'm not sure how accurate the price is. This is an older parts list. gmpartdirect shows that to be a frame when I put in that number. :dunno:

03-06 models shows a pad. part number of 88941606  I wonder what the difference is between  the 02 and 03-06 as far as the foam is concerned.

Offline MonstaMonsta

• Gimme all your cookies
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 10:16:20 am »
Thanks OBB.  I think by "Pad" they mean "heater Pad".  I'm still searching for someone who will ship to Egypt.  Maybe that guy on Ebay would make an exception... I'll ask

Online oHIobellboy

• Administrator
  • The Eagle has landed
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 10:26:57 am »
Thanks OBB.  I think by "Pad" they mean "heater Pad".  I'm still searching for someone who will ship to Egypt.  Maybe that guy on Ebay would make an exception... I'll ask
Worse case scenario. Have him ship it to me and I'll take it to the post office.

Offline MonstaMonsta

• Gimme all your cookies
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 08:37:18 am »
Worse case scenario. Have him ship it to me and I'll take it to the post office.

Thanks OBB You're too kind.  I successfully ordered a borgeson steering shaft and drivers side OEM headlight.  They're on there way!  I'm super excited!!  I backed out of the purchase of the seat foam because I recently took the bottom part of the drivers seat "apart" and found its slightly different to the one pictured on the ebay auction.  Unfortunately he's the only guy selling them and on top of that it makes sense that the foam is different because in the description of the auction he says its for the 03-06 not the 02  :thumbdown:

Oh well, I'll keeep onnn searching... 

I got the headlight for a steal too :)  like $150 - yes I'm proud of it  :dance:

chevrolet

SMF 2.0.7 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines | DS
© 2014 ChevyAvalancheClub.com
Chevrolet | General Motors | OnStar | Certified Service
Chevrolet Trademark(s) used with the written permission of General Motors.