Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: help how do i replace oil pressure switch 5.3 L  (Read 2307 times)

Offline arizonaz66

• I love my Chevy Avalanche
  • Chapter: Southwest
  • Color: Black Granite
  • Year: 2003
help how do i replace oil pressure switch 5.3 L
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:42:03 pm »
Hello I'm new to the avalanche world and to this forum so ill start by saying hello everyone and i would really appreciate your help i just purchased an 03 z66 black with tan interior and so far i love it but i meed some help!!!!!  :cacrocks"

The gauge on the cluster starts out at zero i turn the key  it goes to 80 then back too zero once the truck starts it goes to 80 plus i guess it drives great no shaking and most important engine doest blow up  :dans2: so that's the back story oh it has 136xxxk thanks for your help in advance i just need some guidance on eerie it is and how to replace it pictures would be great I'm in Arizona just in case there are some local guys/gals who can help me out in person

Online Main One

• Global Moderator
  • Playin' Poker at Music City Mahem
  • Chapter: Midwest
  • Color: Yellow
Re: help how do i replace oil pressure switch 5.3 L
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:50:41 am »
The issue is probably more likely with the stepper motor that drives the gauge needle.  The gauge clusters are notorious for having stepper motor issues.  We recently had a member here who thought his remote start was somehow affecting his oil pressure, only to later determine the problem was with his gauge cluster.  The replacement stepper motors can be purchased if my memory is correct for about $10 each.  I've replaced a couple of them in my 03 - speedometer and tach.  Ohiobellboy has done a nice writeup on how to change them somewhere on this site.  He'll probably weigh in with a link....

18x10 Forged Weld Wheels, Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport Tires, JBA shorties, custom catback with FM70, Crane plug wires, 3200 stall Circle D Torque Converter, bigger cam, efans, HP Tuners custom tune, WAAG stuff, mildly boosted with Vortech Supercharger.......

Offline arizonaz66

• I love my Chevy Avalanche
  • Chapter: Southwest
  • Color: Black Granite
Re: help how do i replace oil pressure switch 5.3 L
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:29:27 pm »
The issue is probably more likely with the stepper motor that drives the gauge needle.  The gauge clusters are notorious for having stepper motor issues.  We recently had a member here who thought his remote start was somehow affecting his oil pressure, only to later determine the problem was with his gauge cluster.  The replacement stepper motors can be purchased if my memory is correct for about $10 each.  I've replaced a couple of them in my 03 - speedometer and tach.  Ohiobellboy has done a nice writeup on how to change them somewhere on this site.  He'll probably weigh in with a link....
Dam ok is there any way to test either way im ok doing mechanical stuff electronics scares me a bit ill look him up see if i can find his post thatks for the reply

chevrolet

SMF 2.0.7 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines | DS
© 2014 ChevyAvalancheClub.com
Chevrolet | General Motors | OnStar | Certified Service
Chevrolet Trademark(s) used with the written permission of General Motors.