Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FAQ -WikiAnswers  (Read 25417 times)

Offline bluedevil

• Charter Member
  • Yeah! Is Not a Hemi!
    • bluedevilcustoms.com
  • Chapter: Midwest
  • Color: Arrival Blue
  • Year: 2004
FAQ -WikiAnswers
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:46:03 pm »

With WikiAnswers,we need no stinkin' forums :kickass: 

Minding my bussiness on the web,i came across with some FAQ.   Very accurate :winkani:

-What is the z66 package on chevy avalanche?

I think its just a towing package for a 2WD Avalanche. This will describe it.
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports/vehicleReport/vehicle_nmb/17780/section/packages/type/used/2006/Chevrolet/Avalanche

-What oil weight does Chevy avalanche use?

5w30

-How do you take out the CD playing in a 2004 chevy avalanche?

I assume you cannot get it to eject. Look for a tiny hole near the place you insert the CD. With a straight pin, push inside that hole to eject the CD. If you see no hole, I have no idea how to get it out, but maybe someone else can help.

-Where are fuses in a 2004 chevy avalanche?
Some fuses located inside panel on dash inside drivers door and some are in a black plastic box under the hood, it might not be marked but its easy to find.

-How do you paint a chevy avalanche sails?

best bet spend the money and buy the same color code off the escalade ext i ordered mine last night

Are there any recalls on a 2003 Chevy avalanche?

yes I know of a recall for the Tachometer and battery guages. Check with the dealer as there is some limitations.

What kind of oil does a chevy avalanche use?

I don't think they ever came with diesels, so any 5w30 will do well. If it does have a diesel then 15w40.

Why is your odometer not working 2004 chevy avalanche?

You have a problem with the stepper motor gauge that Chevy used in the 02-06? Avalanche. All the gauges use the same...

How do you change the fuel filter on a Chevy Avalanche?

For a 2003 it is on the frame rail under the drivers side door. Don't bother taking off the black holster that holds...

How often do you change the fluids in the 2004 Chevy Avalanche?

30,000 miles is most manufactures reccomendations on everything but the engine oil witch is 3,000 miles

What kind of antifreeze do you use for a 2001 chevy avalanche?

Use the long life 50000 mile five year brand It is orange in color and is made for aluminum block engines. I personally...

Cylinder order for 2002 chevy avalanche 5.3l?

Where is the oil filter located on the 5.3 chevy avalanche?

Just in front of the oil pan and at the level approx. between the front wheels In front of the oil pan, midway bewteen...

How many gallons chevy 2004 Avalanche hold?

The 2004 Chevy Avalanche can hold 31 gallons of gasoline according to page 5-123 of the owner's manual.

Gas tank size on a chevy avalanche?

31 gallon tank(s)

What should the fuel pressure be on a 2002 chevy avalanche 5.3?

should be betwen 55-60psi

Where is the abs control module in the chevy avalanche?

On the drivers side frame, directly under the driver's side seat on the frame rail,control module and abs pump.

What kind of freon for chevy avalanche 2003?

R-134A

Can you put a bed topper on a chevy Avalanche?

You sure can. http://www.campway.com/products/snugtop/xuv/index.html ...

What size speakers are in 2003 chevy avalanche?

front are 6 3/4 rear are 6 3/4"

Where is the knock sensor on a 2002 chevy avalanche?

They (2ea.)are in the intake. The intake manifold will need to be removed to get to them. The wire harness and intake...

How much does it cost to fix a speedometer on a chevy avalanche?

I had trouble with both the speedo and tach. They run on a "system" that is prone to failure. The dealer charges are...

How change knock sensor of chevy avalanche?

how do i replace knock sensor on chevy avalanche 2004

Why does 2003 Chevy Avalanche start then shut off?

Check the wires to the maf. it is between the air filter and the throttle body, if it is disconnected or faulty in some...

Gas tank size on chevy avalanche?

117 liter or 30.9 US gallons

How many litres of oil can be used for the transmission of 2005 chevy avalanche?

YES WE CAN!

Where is the IAT sensor located on a 2002 Chevy Avalanche?

The IAT sensor plug-in is located on top of the air intake right where the air filter is located. I am still trying to...

How many qts of oil can be used change 2005 chevy avalanche?

6 qts. according to the owners manual

How do you program a keyless remote for an 2003 Chevy Avalanche?

Look in your owners manual for the directions.

What are the door speaker sizes for 2002 chevy avalanche?

they are 6.5's

Diagram of where fuel filter is on 2005 chevy avalanche?

In late 2004 GM. started putting the fuel filter inside of the fuel tank. You will have to remove fuel tank to be able...

Why does a speedometer stop working on a 2002 Chevy Avalanche?

Contact GM. They have issued free extended warranty on speedometers. I had mine replaced for free at Chevy dealer. It...

What causes the front carpet to be wet in 2003 chevy avalanche?

Heater core could be leaking

What is the best type of oil to use in chevy avalanche with 80000 miles on it?

alot depends on the condition of your engine. Has the engine been maintained religiously with oil and filter changes? ...

Why does a speedometer stop working on a 2004 Chevy Avalanche?

My daughter received a letter from GM stating that there may be a problem with the vehicle and that they were extending...

How do you get free radio code for 2003 chevy avalanche?

if its your vehicle take it to the dealership they will do it free of charge

How many quarts of oil does a 2004 chevy avalanche require?

V6 with a new oil filter holds 5 Qts. V8 with a new filter holds 6 QTS.

Do 24 inch rims fit a 2007 chevy avalanche?

they fit on my 04 z71 4x4 no lift needed. see if the shop can put them on first before u buy them. i have a little rub...

How do you reset the service oil indicator on a chevy avalanche?

Turn the key on do not start the truck then push the gas petal all the way to the floor 3 times...then start it the...

Why would a battery go dead in about two days in a 2002 Chevy Avalanche?

You could have a bad battery, or you might find that your alternator is not charging. You can almost always get a local...

Brake light and cruise don't work on chevy avalanche?

Check the brake light switch on the brake pedal

How do you reset the service engine soon light on a Chevy Avalanche?

I was told by a co-woker that if you disconnect the negative battery cable for about 20 minutes or so that will reset...

Is there a cab air conditioner filter in Chevy Avalanche?

Yes...It's behind the passenger side glove box. Mine started to smell "Musty", so I got a can of stuff from the...

What is the firing order of the Spark Plugs in a Chevy Avalanche?

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 Driver side front to rear 1-3-5-7 other side is front to rear 2-4-6-8

How do you disable the automatic door locks on a Chevy Avalanche?

If the Avalanche is anything like a 2003 Chevy Silverado, you can program the door locks as follows: 1. With vehicle...

StreetScene Bumper Cover, Painted Powerbar, 5 Piece StreetScene Grille Inserts, Blue Bowtie, GoodMark Hood, 3rd Brake light Decal, Camaro Rally Stripes, SS Logos, 13" X Antenna, Sunroof Visor, Bosch wipers, Sail Panels LED's, Flamed Mirror Covers, MagLite, SS Calliper decals, Neon Underbody Kit, Sail Panel Windows, SportWing, 8000K HID's, Satinless Steel Fire Extinguisher, Fire & Ice light bar, Painted Headlight covers, Rollpan, Fiberglass wiper cowl, Painted cargo cladding, Diamond plated cargo cover inserts, GunMetal Oil Cap, Yukon XL Denali Running Boards, Hockey Stick Decals "5.3 Blown", Flamed Gas & Brake Pedal Inserts, Flamed white/blue Gauges, Brushed Aluminum Lighter, Blue LED bars, Triple gauge A Pillar, AutoMeter WideBand AFR, AutoMeter Fuel Press 100psi, AutoMeter 30psi Vac/Boost, SS Headrest, JBA Ignition Wires 8mm, K&N Blue Intake Cover, K&N Oil Filter, Gibson Stainless Headers, Denso Iridium Spark Plugs, Flowmaster 40 Dual Split w/chrome tips, TrailBlazer SS Torque Converter 2500-3200 rpm stall, Royal Purple Synthetic Oil, Vortech SuperCharger, Panther Wheels 285/50/20, GoodYear Eagle II, 2/3 Drop Kit, Red Callipers, Trans-Go Shift-Kit, Corvette Servos

Online oHIobellboy

• Administrator
  • The Eagle has landed
  • Chapter: Midwest
  • Color: Dark Blue Metallic
  • Year: 2004
Re: FAQ -WikiAnswers
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:35:46 pm »
 :crackup:   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  There's a few good ones in there.

chevrolet

SMF 2.0.7 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines | DS
© 2014 ChevyAvalancheClub.com
Chevrolet | General Motors | OnStar | Certified Service
Chevrolet Trademark(s) used with the written permission of General Motors.