Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Burnt DRL sockets  (Read 1065 times)

Offline TexasAVY

• Chapter: Midwest
  • Color: Arrival Blue
  • Year: 2003
Burnt DRL sockets
« on: August 01, 2010, 01:33:48 pm »
Had the amber DRL on the passenger go into an intermittant (sp?) working phase.  When I pulled the bulb to replace it, it found the bulb socked to be partially charred around the contact area. It is where the metal wires of the bulb contact the socket. Has anyone else noticed this occurring?   banghead1  I just ran Blue one-eyed (amber) on this trip down to New Orleans  :fast: and I will find or order a couple of new sockets when I get home.  I can live with it, if the price of running ambers is to replace the DRL sockets every couple of years. New Orleans is hot today, just moved the Avy and the temp on the mirror showed 104 and that was before noon.
Dave Brown
Arlington, Texas
2003 Avalanche

All-on-high, Amber DL's, Tom Tom GPS, Chrome Tailgate cover, Stampede "Texas" Air Deflector, Chrome Vent-Visors, Texas Flag Bow-tie, Fire & Ice bar, Aluminum diamond plate on rear panels, Dash cover, Custom decals, Aux Backup Lights, Lighted Running Boards, Sail Lights, 6-pack Strobe Lights, Electric Air Horns, Chrome Door handles and covers.

Offline trAVelingman

• Color: Onyx Black
  • Year: 2007
Burnt DRL sockets
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »
Very common and nothing to worry about.

Online oHIobellboy

• Administrator
  • The Eagle has landed
  • Color: Dark Blue Metallic
  • Year: 2004
Re: Burnt DRL sockets
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 07:25:08 pm »
Dave,
 You should be able to find them at the parts store. No splicing required. There's two little releases to remove the "guts" of the socket. After that, the wires just pull out. Simply put the wires into the new socket and you're done. I've done a few of these recently. Should take about 10 minutes for the whole job. 
We don't have a write up with pix so......... :whistle:

Offline TexasAVY

• Color: Arrival Blue
  • Year: 2003
Re: Burnt DRL sockets
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:36:26 pm »
Glad it's something that simple  :thumbup:, not that it was a big issue anyway. Thanks, guys  :thumbsup:  Just camw back from having dinner down on Burbon Street in the French Quarter :cheers:
Dave Brown
Arlington, Texas
2003 Avalanche

All-on-high, Amber DL's, Tom Tom GPS, Chrome Tailgate cover, Stampede "Texas" Air Deflector, Chrome Vent-Visors, Texas Flag Bow-tie, Fire & Ice bar, Aluminum diamond plate on rear panels, Dash cover, Custom decals, Aux Backup Lights, Lighted Running Boards, Sail Lights, 6-pack Strobe Lights, Electric Air Horns, Chrome Door handles and covers.

chevrolet

SMF 2.0.7 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines | DS
© 2014 ChevyAvalancheClub.com
Chevrolet | General Motors | OnStar | Certified Service
Chevrolet Trademark(s) used with the written permission of General Motors.