Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My first Avalanche  (Read 67 times)

Offline waltham41

• I love my Chevy Avalanche
  • Chapter: Midwest
  • Color: Onyx Black
  • Year: 2002
My first Avalanche
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:52:33 pm »
I have been interested in the Chevy Avalanche since they first came out, never had a chance to look at one just heard wild stories about how the back glass came out and all that good stuff.

Recently had the chance to get into a 02 Black Avalanche Z71 with body cladding at a good price.  It needs some tinkering, but the body is straight and solid, the engine has 250K runs good with no smoke, uses no oil and the tranny was rebuilt within the last few years.     It has most of the bells and whistles and I am absolutely loving it.

First Chevy in 20 years, first truck in 20 years.   Older family man who gravitated to Dodge minivans and am now ready to play for a bit before I get too old...   Glad to be here, will have lots of questions for you guys.     Thanks for having me!
Every day you wake up is a good day.

Online avdavidw

• Administrator
    • American Avalanche
  • Color: Sport Red
  • Year: 2007
Re: My first Avalanche
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:08:02 pm »
Glad to have you here! You found yourself a good truck!

#1 2002 1500 LPM Z66 - #2 2005 1500 SOM Z71 - 2010 2SS Camaro - #3 2007 1500 SRM Z71

Online Enkei

• Gone But NEVER FORRGOTEN!!
  • Chapter: Northeast
  • Color: Blue Granite Metallic
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:33:22 pm »
Hope you enjoy your new ride.  So much to do..
08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Link, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light,AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield,McGard Lug nuts and locks,Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights,WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio,Mods to come IPCW Tail lights.SnugTop sitting on my deck Softopper now, Custom MGP Caliper Covers, and Tempress Boat Hatches....New Mods Coming Soon......  X

Offline waltham41

• I love my Chevy Avalanche
  • Color: Onyx Black
  • Year: 2002
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 03:34:49 am »
Yes I have a list.  I want to put cat back duals on it, a 3 inch suspension lift and some bigger tires.  Probably a cowl induction style hood.   Other than that I'm really happy with how it looks now.

Thanks for the welcome! :cacrocks"
Every day you wake up is a good day.

chevrolet

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | DS
© 2017 ChevyAvalancheClub.com
Chevrolet | General Motors | OnStar | Certified Service
Chevrolet Trademark(s) used with the written permission of General Motors.